[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Re: What is science?: Where to start doctoral students?

Haydi Zulfei haydizulfei@rocketmail.com
Wed Nov 7 03:22:42 PST 2018

 Nice !! Not to get Marx involved in the discussion!This is the whole thing!Because if Marx is involved in his original writing and making the last quote easier:
Concepts need Conceptioners and conceptioners are , as said here also , [Material] Human Beings living and Acting in their respective Material Surrounding out of which process Social Relations arise which in their turn , give birth to Thoughts and Ideas , concepts and categories , ideas of the Idea , Logic and the Absolute , cultures (in Bibler's terminology) which make Real?? Cosmologies (of course as META-physics beyond Physical Natural Hard sciences as these latter sciences deal also with atoms , electrons neutrons , positrons , quarks , galaxies , planets , etc. in their abstract or Hegelian (concrete as Concept) ontological/existential?? dependencies (the World which is outside Mind through Lenin's quote by some esteemed scholars and the World/s which need a Mind to claim existence) which is O.K. and in full respect.)
This is what Marx meant in the last word of the last quote by "**[[Hence, in
the theoretical method, too, the subject, society, must always be kept in mind as
the presupposition.]]**"
Neither the Social Relations have independent Being nor the sciences which arise from them.
Every body has the right to think that "phenomena" of Mind/Thinking have the same Ontology as the Ontology of the Substantial/Material/Corporeal Universe does but ascribing this to Marx would be problematic. This was the beginning of the worry!
In the same vein , no problem with "Any Category" first , but no imposition on Marx the more so that one might keep people in waiting for just a single evidence to one's Big Claim :-)).
Marx is quite Robust in his Materialism and towards Hegel in full clarity and stance with quite indubious remarks:
The best of the very Marx for Hegel:

FROM CAPITAL VOLUME ONE:

My dialectic method is not only different from the Hegelian, butis its direct opposite. To Hegel,
the life process of the human brain, i.e., the process of thinking, which,under the name of “the
Idea,” he even transforms into an independent subject, is the demiurgos of the [[real]] world, and the
real world is only the external, [[phenomenal form]] of “the Idea.” With me, on thecontrary, the
ideal is nothing else than the material world reflected by the [[human mind]], andtranslated into
forms of thought.
The mystifying side of Hegelian dialectic I criticised nearly thirty years ago,at a time when it was
still the fashion. But just as I was working at the first volume of “DasKapital,” it was the good
pleasure of the peevish, arrogant, mediocre Επιγονοι [Epigones – Büchner, Dühring and others]
who now talk large in cultured Germany, to treat Hegel in same way as the braveMoses
Mendelssohn in Lessing’s time treated Spinoza, i.e., as a “dead dog.” I [[therefore]] openly avowed
myself the pupil of that mighty thinker, and even here and there, in thechapter on the theory of
value, coquetted with the modes of expression peculiar to him. Themystification which dialectic
suffers in [[Hegel’s hands]], by no means prevents him from being [[the first topresent its general
15 Afterword to the Second German Edition (1873)
formof working]] in a comprehensive and conscious manner. With him it is standing onits head. It
must be turned right side up again, if you would discover the rational kernelwithin the mystical
shell.

FROM GRUDERISSE WHICH INCLUDES ALSO THE METHOD OF POLITICALECONOMY

But do not these simpler categories also have an independenthistorical or
natural existence pre-dating the more concrete ones?That depends. Hegel, for
example, correctly begins the Philosophy of Right withpossession, this being
the subject’s simplest juridical relation. But there isno possession preceding
the family or master-servant relations, which are farmore concrete relations.

It follows then naturally, too, that all the relationshipsof men can be derived from the concept of man, man as conceived, the essence ofman, Man. This has been done by the speculative philosophers. Hegel himselfconfesses at the end of the Geschichtsphilosophie that he "has consideredthe progress of the concept only" and has represented in history the"true theodicy". (p.446.) Now one can go back again to the producersof the "concept", to the theorists, ideologists and philosophers, andone comes then to the conclusion that the philosophers, the thinkers as such,have at all times been dominant in history: a conclusion, as we see, alreadyexpressed by Hegel. The whole trick of proving the hegemony of the spirit inhistory (hierarchy Stirner calls it) is thus confirmed to the following threeefforts.

Critique: "humans create themselves out ofnothing" Far from it being true that "out of nothing" I makemyself, for example, a "[public] speaker", the nothing which formsthe basis here is a very manifold something, the real individual, his speechorgans, a definite stage of physical development, an existing language anddialects, ears capable of hearing and a human environment from which it ispossible to hear something, etc., etc. therefore, in the development of aproperty something is created by something out of something, and by no meanscomes, as in Hegel's Logic , from nothing, through nothing to nothing. [Th. I.Abt. 2 of Hegel] p. 162
BestHaydi