[Xmca-l] Re: Conditional and Conditioned

peter jones h2cmng@yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 19 09:14:46 PDT 2018

Of possible interest ...
(Subscription needed for online, but initial complimentary access is granted. I have hard copy.)
Free Will Is Still Alive!

|  |  |

|  |
Free Will Is Still Alive! | Issue 124 | Philosophy Now

Carlo Filice questions recent attempts to question free will.

Peter Jones
Community Mental Health Nurse & Researcher
CMHT Brookside
Aughton Street
Ormskirk L39 3BH, UK
+44 01695 684700
Blogging at "Welcome to the QUAD"
http://hodges-model.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/h2cm

    On Saturday, 19 May 2018, 16:38:20 GMT+1, HENRY SHONERD <hshonerd@gmail.com> wrote:

 David and Vandy,
How about free will here? I listen to a podcast very often called “Waking Up” with Sam Harris. Two things he is always saying: “Religion is bullshit” and free will and choice are not the same. At the point that David describes in the classroom: " There is absolutely nothing preventing the child from emancipating himself or herself from peers, teachers, and even a pre-determined right answer. The continuation of development beyond this point of self-emancipation cannot be at all.” At this point, is it free will, choice, or some mix?
Henry