[Xmca-l] Re: theoretical roots

Martin Packer mpacker@cantab.net
Tue May 15 06:32:38 PDT 2018

Peter, I try to provide this sort of locating in my book The Science of Qualitative Research. As an example I’ve attached chapter 8, in which I try to show how Husserl, Heidegger, Merleau-Ponty, Garfinkel, and Bruno Latour had similar concerns. (In another chapter I consider Geertz, and propose that his view of hermeneutics came from Dilthey rather than Heidegger, something which got him into problems.)

Martin