[Xmca-l] Re: AERA Session: Being/Becoming an Activist Scholar: Lessons From Cultural-Historical Activity Research

Maxine McKinney de Royston mckinneydero@wisc.edu
Sat Mar 31 14:56:13 PDT 2018

Dear all-

I tend to be among the many legitimate peripheral participants on this list, but felt compelled to shift roles in order to respond this thread.

Carrie and others- thank you for creating the space for such a timely and critically necessary conversation at AERA.  As a junior scholar, these types of sessions are ones that I often look for and rarely find.  I'm leaving AERA earlier that day and cannot attend, but will spread the word about it far and wide.   I hope there will be future opportunities to continue these types of conversations.

Sincerely,

Maxine McKinney de Royston
Assistant Professor, Curriculum & Instruction
University of Wisconsin- Madison
@profm_de_r