[Xmca-l] Out of the mouth of babes

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Sat Mar 24 20:42:05 PDT 2018

What a wonderful blast of sunshine, like the first rays of
summer across an arctic landscape! These kids who have
"Marched for Our Lives", in such gigantic numbers. This must
be the broadest movement we have seen in a generation, and
so young and creative and energetic, promising a better
future. The issues affecting the young (and surely this
activism will flow across to education cuts, casualisation
of labour, and all those broad issues which affect young
people) are not sectional. This is not a movement of
well-off people wanting for the poor but a movement which
sees itself as defending its own vital interests. This makes
it very powerful. They are even working at getting MLK-type
rhetoric going in times when we might have thought that that
sort of rhetoric was dead. :)

Enough to make an old man cry to see this movement!

Andy