[Xmca-l] Re: Article for discussion: Facebook in Brazilian schools

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Mon Mar 12 12:02:08 PDT 2018

Monica, Fernando et al.....

The US news is full of stories about a national student walkout over guns &
schools. Here in San Diego, where mr trump is expected tomorrow, local
school principals are supporting students to walk out.

Question: Here in the US a lot of the communicative action appears to be on
twitter, instagram, etc....  How would one study
those more emphemeral media?

For example>
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/schools-brace-for-massive-student-walkouts-over-gun-violence
.

Thanks Andy for finding the story. I had the mis-impression that headlines
in the print edition were repeated
in the online version. (see meme on grandpa and computer).

I still don't understand Figure 3 properly to be able to link it to
questions of transformative agency.

mike