[Xmca-l] Re: FW: Fyi

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 21 16:07:00 PDT 2018

That is a pretty small gene pool there in Gomel, Peter. You should go on
Ancestry
to see check out the Jewish population at the time, Peter. Maybe you and
LSV come from the same extended family! In fact, quite seriously an
historical study of the families of the LSV generation and
Davydov/Zinchenko/Ilyenkov/Akhutina...  generation would be of real
interest. We are reading *The Government House* here at home; that building
was located only a few blocks the Luria household, very close
to the Kremlin. The name Luria shows up in the book. I am finding it very
enlightening
about the social historical context of the first generation of
cultural-historical, non-classical, psychology.

We are living in a very different world. But eerily the same as the year I
was born.

mike