[Xmca-l] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] Seeking candidates for developmental position

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 28 08:31:56 PDT 2018

Jobs

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Cushman, Fiery Andrews <cushman@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 5:44 AM
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] Seeking candidates for developmental position
To: cogdevsoc@lists.cogdevsoc.org <cogdevsoc@lists.cogdevsoc.org>

Dear Colleague:

The Harvard University Psychology Department seeks to hire Assistant
Professors in the areas of *Developmental Psychology* and *Clinical
Psychology/Clinical Science*.  We hope to recruit psychologists who are
conducting excellent research and who can contribute to our teaching needs
in at the undergraduate and graduate levels.  The Department at present
consists of a highly integrated group of about 28 individuals in clinical
psychology, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, and social
psychology who actively collaborate across labs.

We write to you even though we have placed our ad in all the standard
sources.  *It has been our experience that even the best candidates do not
always apply for the jobs for which they are qualified.  We recognize that
candidates are often not the best judge of their own accomplishments and
that they may hold themselves back.  We encourage you to circulate this
letter broadly to your community through internal mail or listservs to
announce our interest in any candidate who is interested in our Department
and in this position.*

*Developmental Psychology position*: The application deadline is September
15, 2018. Full advertisement:
http://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/8336.

*Clinical Psychology/Clinical Science position*: The application deadline
is October 1, 2018. Full advertisement:
http://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/8335.

*If there are particularly strong candidates who may be reluctant to apply
without additional encouragement, please feel free to send us their names
so that we may invite them to apply.   *Write to:
mahzarin_banaji@harvard.edu*.  *

Thank you in advance for your assistance in bringing these ads to the
attention of your department and especially for alerting us to any
candidates early in their career you believe we should consider.

Kind regards,

[image: mrb]

Mahzarin R. Banaji
Richard Clarke Cabot Professor of Social Ethics
Chair, Department of Psychology
Harvard University