[Xmca-l] Re: Bateson on thinking relatively

Wolff-Michael Roth wolffmichael.roth@gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 07:29:37 PST 2018

Just to add to the preceding point, and to David W's message. here a quote
from Dewey, *Logic: The Theory of Inquiry*:

With differentiation of interactions comes the need of maintaining
a balance among them; or, in objective terms, a unified environment.
The balance has to be maintained by a mechanism
that responds both to variations that occur within the organism and
in surroundings. (1938: 26)

Michael