[Xmca-l] Re: Wikipedia CHAT entry

Jonathan Tudge jrtudge@uncg.edu
Sun Jan 28 12:52:51 PST 2018

Hi, Mike,

It's been a long time since I felt myself competent to discuss meaningfully
activity theory or much related to Vygotsky's theory, although I read some
of the discussions with interest.

I was curious, however, about this comment:

"Now look at the
iconography in the newest edition of that book. No triangle, just circles
-- the activity has become the context (a la
Bronfenbrener). Doesn't feel like progress to me.
​"

Apart from the fact that Bronfenbrenner's theory is generally (and
incorrectly) presented as a theory of concentric circles of context, I
wondered what you meant by this.  Do you think that activity = context for
Bronfenbrenner?

Cheers,

Jon​

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonathan Tudge

Professor
Office: 155 Stone

Our work on gratitude: http://morethanthanks.wp.uncg.edu/

A new book just published: Tudge, J. & Freitas, L. (Eds.) Developing
gratitude in children and adolescents
<https://www.uncg.edu/hdf/faculty/tudge/books/dev-gratitude-in-children-and-adolescents-flyer.pdf>,
Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press

My web site:http://www.uncg.edu/hdf/faculty/tudge

Mailing address:
248 Stone Building
Department of Human Development and Family Studies
PO Box 26170
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
USA

phone (336) 223-6181
fax   (336) 334-5076