[Xmca-l] Re: Date change to WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 24: Live conversation for readers of the Polyphonic Autobiography

Alfredo Jornet Gil a.j.gil@iped.uio.no
Mon Jan 22 13:06:33 PST 2018

Thanks for letting us know, Beth.
I am sure that there hundreds of people reading the autobiography, but I must say that since Academia.edu introduced some new features, making chargeable some of the features that before were free, my visits to the site have decreased considerably. I keep receiving notifications of hundreds of papers supposedly having mentioned my named in publications in Academia... but I guess they refer to my first name and last name... separately.

In any case, best of lucks with a next attempt, and keep us updated so that people can share the event within their own circles/depts./faculties/etc.

Alfredo
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Beth Ferholt <bferholt@gmail.com>
Sent: 22 January 2018 19:36
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Date change to WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 24: Live conversation for readers of the Polyphonic Autobiography

All who responded to Lois for the zoom chat already know this, but we are
postponing again.  This time we are thinking to try a mid-semester time,
not over break (for at least some of the students), as several people
responded they were interested but not free / on break still.  We'll of
course let XMCA know when/if we try again

The original idea came because Lois was able to see how many hundreds of
people were reading the autobiography on academia.edu!

We thought we'd receive scores of responses to the hundreds of invites that
Lois sent to these people, but we only received a handful.

Just something to think about in terms of new ways of discussing papers
with international groups of students, especially considering the
relatively new and very strange function on academia.edu, where they send
you emails saying how many people are reading your papers ...

Hmmm.
Beth