[Xmca-l] Cultural perspective on child and adolescent psychopathology

Martin Packer mpacker@cantab.net
Mon Jan 22 12:12:41 PST 2018

I just received this inquiry. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've looked and looked, but I just can't find a textbook that takes a cultural perspective as foundational to understanding the phenomena of child and adolescent psychopathology.  Any suggestions or recommendations you have would be most welcome.

Martin

"I may say that whenever I meet Mrs. Seligman or Dr. Lowie or discuss matters with Radcliffe-Brown or Kroeber, I become at once aware that my partner does not understand anything in the matter, and I end usually with the feeling that this also applies to myself” (Malinowski, 1930)