[Xmca-l] Re: On the difference between the social and the societal

Wolff-Michael Roth wolffmichael.roth@gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 07:15:53 PST 2018

Alfredo,
Yea, I think it is more productive to ask, "What if ...?" than to say
something in absolute terms, such as "Marx [really] meant ..."

You will also note that I am pointing to specific patterns and to the
likelihood that those patterns arise by chance are small.

So one question would have serious consequences: "What if personality is
the ensemble of societal relations?" How would we have to rethink
ourselves, our institutions in the context of crime and violence? What
would this mean for rethinking education?

Michael

Wolff-Michael Roth, Lansdowne Professor

Applied Cognitive Science
MacLaurin Building A567
University of Victoria
Victoria, BC, V8P 5C2
http://web.uvic.ca/~mroth <http://education2.uvic.ca/faculty/mroth/>

New book: *The Mathematics of Mathematics
<https://www.sensepublishers.com/catalogs/bookseries/new-directions-in-mathematics-and-science-education/the-mathematics-of-mathematics/>*