[Xmca-l] Re: kinship

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 20:48:15 PST 2018

Henry,
Yes, that makes sense to me - the part about Vygotsky.

And just to be clear, this wasn't so much an attack on scientific usage of
terms as it was a matter of clan disputes - as I noted, my usage was
marking me as a Linguistic Anthropologist (I wrote "commonly used in
Linguistic Anthropology") rather than a Linguist. There's a surprisingly
wide gap between those two fields, both are communities of scholars
dedicated to building knowledge about language, but both use the word
differently. I was simply acknowledging that difference.

Happy New Year indeed!
-greg