[Xmca-l] Re: kinship

Martin Packer mpacker@cantab.net
Sun Jan 7 15:45:26 PST 2018

David,

My question was a serious one: in Chinese (I’m not sure which language we’re discussing) can a childless couple be called a family?

Martin

"I may say that whenever I meet Mrs. Seligman or Dr. Lowie or discuss matters with Radcliffe-Brown or Kroeber, I become at once aware that my partner does not understand anything in the matter, and I end usually with the feeling that this also applies to myself” (Malinowski, 1930)