[Xmca-l] Fw: [QSTUDY-L] Job Ad - Associate Professor In Gender and Women's Studies at Carleton University

White, Phillip Phillip.White@ucdenver.edu
Tue Feb 27 14:44:13 PST 2018

Additional information.
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
  Original Message
From: Dan Irving <irving.dan@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 3:41 PM
To: QStudy-L
Reply To: QStudy-L
Subject: Re: [QSTUDY-L] Job Ad - Associate Professor In Gender and Women's Studies at Carleton University

My apologies - I have copied and pasted ad for the Associate level T-T
position in Women's and Gender Studies at Carleton University

******
WebXtender Interactive Viewer

About the position:

The Pauline Jewett Institute of Women's & Gender Studies invites
applications for a preliminary (tenure-track) position in Women's and
Gender Studies at the rank of Associate Professor, to commence July 1,
2018. We seek applicants with strong and broad backgrounds in Feminist
Studies whose scholarship bridges Disability Studies, Transnational
Feminism, Critical Race Theory, and/or Sexuality Studies. The successful
candidate will play a leading role in the development of a new, innovative
program designed to introduce Critical Diversity Studies as a major
Institute component.

The Pauline Jewett Institute of Women’s and Gender Studies was established
in 1987. For the past 30 years, the Institute has fostered research and
study, sponsored workshops and speakers, and promoted discussion and debate
on gender issues. Our programs of study include BA (Honours), BA, and MA
degrees. We also offer a Post-baccalaureate Diploma. The Institute has a
focus on Feminist Intersectional and Transnational Analyses. We are
committed to achieving the highest standards of excellence in our teaching,
research and scholarship. We work to encourage engaged, critical feminist
thought from diverse perspectives. It is a place for all those with an
interest in feminist and equity issues to explore scholarship and activism.
For more information, please see: https://carleton.ca/womensstudies

Qualifications:

Candidates will have a doctorate in Women’s/Feminist/Gender Studies or a
related field, an active research profile, demonstrated excellence in
teaching at both the graduate and the undergraduate levels, and strong
administrative skills. Areas of teaching will be determined based on the
areas of expertise held by the successful candidate.

Application Instructions:

Applicants are asked to forward the following information in a single PDF
file to the Institute by noon on Friday, April 13, 2018:

   1.

   (a)  A letter of application,
   2.

   (b)  A current curriculum vitae,
   3.

   (c)  Two sample publications,
   4.

   (d)  A teaching dossier, which must include teaching evaluations, a
statement
   of teaching

   philosophy, and a sample course syllabus
   5.

   (e)  Three letters of reference are also required and

   should be sent directly by the referees to the email address below and
   be received by the deadline of Friday, April 13, 2018.

Send applications by email to karen.march@carleton.ca

Please indicate in your application if you are a Canadian citizen or
permanent resident of Canada.

About Carleton University:

Join our intellectual and collaborative community of scholars. Carleton
University is a dynamic and innovative research and teaching institution
with a nationally and internationally reputation as a leader in
collaborative teaching and learning, research and governance. With over
28,000 students, 850 academic faculty, and 2,000 staff and more than 100
programs of study, we encourage creative risk-taking enabling

minds to connect, discover and generate transformative knowledge. Located
in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada’s capital city has a population of almost one
million and reflects the country’s bilingual and multicultural character.
Carleton’s location in the nation’s capital provides many opportunities for
scholarship and research with groups and institutions that reflect the
diversity of the country. To learn more about our University and the City
of Ottawa, please visit www.carleton.ca/provost.

Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its
community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social
strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further
diversification of our University including, but not limited to women;
visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with
disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and
expressions.

Applicants selected for an interview are asked to contact Dr. Karen March,
Chair of the Search Committee, as soon as possible to discuss any
accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made in a timely manner.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority. All positions are subject to
budgetary approval.