[Xmca-l] Re: (non)grieving scholarship

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 09:19:14 PST 2018

The article describes accumulating large amounts of knowledge pertaining to
history, which (the author maintains) cannot be turned to other endeavours.
This, no doubt, is true for her. If, however, her approach to studying
history had been systemic, then there would have been a powerful form of
re-application and continuity in any work that was turned to. Perhaps the
same can be said for "phd/postdoc training". If it cannot be reused or
isn't enabling, what, substantively, is it?

Best,
Huw