[Xmca-l] FW: Our 2018 Fulani Fellowship Applications Are Open

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Fri Feb 2 03:11:23 PST 2018

Application deadline is Wednesday, March 21, 2018.

[http://files.constantcontact.com/51a1c4a9001/115e1fac-3e90-46de-a1ab-713dbe00a510.jpg]

[https://files.constantcontact.com/51a1c4a9001/9529e0dc-24e4-4bb2-9f0b-2dc5f8c624bc.jpg]

We Are Now Accepting:
2018 Fulani Fellowship Applications

What is the Fulani Fellowship?

[http://files.constantcontact.com/51a1c4a9001/da9f2151-c7de-4f55-8e99-8eba729091ea.jpg]

The Fulani Fellowship is an intensive, radical leadership training program that gives recent graduates of masters and doctoral programs an opportunity to train alongside community organizer, independent activist and grassroots leader, Dr. Lenora Fulani. It is also a unique opportunity to learn an innovative approach to human growth and development employed at the
All Stars Project.

WHAT TO KNOW
_________________________________

  *   Paid five-month program where fellows work 24 hours per week, generally Tuesday through Saturday.
  *   Daily schedules will consist of weekly seminars, workshops, and participating and observing in All Stars programming run by co-founder, Dr. Lenora Fulani.
  *   Fellows will be immersed in the innovative approach to human development and social transformation that Dr. Fulani has helped to pioneer over the last 40 years.
  *   Fellows will have the opportunity to be a part of a growing nonprofit organization and to learn from a gifted organizer and educator what it means to help the poor in America to develop, and ensure that people from all walks of life can participate in personal, political, and social transformation.

[https://files.constantcontact.com/51a1c4a9001/0babd3ac-fe77-4d3f-bb40-58ef34604d6c.jpg]

[https://files.constantcontact.com/51a1c4a9001/a6281366-1aa3-4b3d-b646-121e9ec83f13.jpg]

APPLY NOW<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001LDhijZaT66c8domj6JdAgOlOgr9mrcqgWYDD2P0A5QoNuipi7mgTaWwESKls93m1bRwelcxRk_tmzv61szCZ4A4zZm5pL4i59A4LiMVHmow4CgDRUmwhfWAhCmBJG-f_vlCC4CEQfq2om4HxFQiI_mhbvuFaoIgIwAdq6JyFJm_2zFUzzUXXDs60vg2Dt8r4YSCR_o4FLtfBZaWVVOhAzWJyP1qGeUix&c=eBF02AJQvN88fA5ci_TF_N5_xswoJ02vwRhCXCwAZHaJXxWCzqyknA==&ch=Pw2BgYVDgdJkEAaLPHKDfq8BZueVhguJl2lzNeSnubw2vrWIjASgWQ==>

The application deadline is Wednesday, March 21, 2018, though applicants are encouraged to submit their materials sooner as decisions will be made on an ongoing basis.

Please contact Elsa Dial at edial@allstars.org<mailto:edial@allstars.org> with any questions.

Not a masters or doctoral student/graduate?
Undergrad students can apply for our summer fellowship here<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001LDhijZaT66c8domj6JdAgOlOgr9mrcqgWYDD2P0A5QoNuipi7mgTaWwESKls93m1z_jHa1q8cMEFbQySNgZ41EUzZJNXq9qY4o-ZRalEmBGYH5qDSxOxia27Q_DvTAr4CbOMjizXEMdX6wWeu642OQYXUsEePBNkM28MPgRkbwlcsmbH9RUiytrRno5auCbaRdbgFs8Yca9WKmZh4_3tMA==&c=eBF02AJQvN88fA5ci_TF_N5_xswoJ02vwRhCXCwAZHaJXxWCzqyknA==&ch=Pw2BgYVDgdJkEAaLPHKDfq8BZueVhguJl2lzNeSnubw2vrWIjASgWQ==>.

[http://files.constantcontact.com/51a1c4a9001/52a639b5-2ca8-4242-a856-2ea288dd6c8b.jpg]

2017 Fulani Fellow Monique Sanders with organizers at Dr. Fulani-led march against privatizing public housing.

[http://files.constantcontact.com/51a1c4a9001/d51a238c-0937-43b3-b125-cd27de0f7a30.jpg]

2017 Fulani Fellows Frank Pettis and Monique Sanders discuss All Stars co-founder Fred Newman's writings.

[http://files.constantcontact.com/51a1c4a9001/1ed758cc-752f-417e-a1ca-016775a1ed57.jpg]

2017 Fulani Fellows Monique Sanders and Micah White orient a community member on classes at Dr. Fulani's free university-like school for continuing development.

[http://files.constantcontact.com/51a1c4a9001/2a019309-3a00-4a9f-bfb6-018bf3ae32b4.jpg]

Dr. Lenora B. Fulani with 2017 Fulani Fellows cohort: (l. to r.) Inacent Saunders, Drew Calderaro, Dr. Fulani, Frank Pettis, Monique Sanders, Micah White, Ph.D.

2017 Fulani Fellow Testimonial
Drew Calderaro
"The Fulani Fellowship was the most transformative experience of my professional life. I had come to it with years of experience in community organizing, nonprofit work, and more traditional social work. I had also completed a Master’s of Social Work in community organizing...but I was looking for something deeper, more willing to take itself to another level of human transformation. Little did I know, that something was human development, and it was the Fulani Fellowship that showed me with depth and intimacy what was possible in affecting the world in ways that no other experience had."

[https://files.constantcontact.com/51a1c4a9001/77756724-9c92-439d-b6f7-047281f5ffca.jpg]

All Stars Project | 543 West 42nd Street<https://maps.google.com/?q=543+West+42nd+Street,+New+York,+NY+10036&entry=gmail&source=g>, <https://maps.google.com/?q=543+West+42nd+Street,+New+York,+NY+10036&entry=gmail&source=g> New York, NY 10036<https://maps.google.com/?q=543+West+42nd+Street,+New+York,+NY+10036&entry=gmail&source=g>

Update Profile<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001O9T34VxPoij3m4vEW9AVFA%3D&ch=9cd63cb0-42fa-11e3-b94b-d4ae527536d1&ca=28dddfbb-a226-4439-96ce-aa6ac23e7022> | About our service provider<http://www.constantcontact.com/legal/service-provider?cc=about-service-provider>

Sent by edial@allstars.org<mailto:edial@allstars.org> in collaboration with

[Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.]<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge>

Try it free today<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge>

--
Lois Holzman
Director, East Side Institute for Group & Short Term Psychotherapy
119 West 23 St, suite 902
New York, NY 10011
Chair, Global Outreach, All Stars Project, UX
Tel. +1.212.941.8906 x324
Fax +1.718.797.3966
lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org<mailto:lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org>
Social Media