[Xmca-l] Re: Bacon's Law

David Kellogg dkellogg60@gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 03:43:47 PDT 2018

Natura non vincitur nisi parendo” (Nature cannot be vanquished until she is
obeyed). is Aphorism 3 of Book 1 of Novum Organum Scientiarum. Vygotsky was
impressed by this aphorism and wanted to use it as the epigraph for a book
on the history of the cultural development of the child, which later became
The History of the Development of the Higher Mental Functions.

David Kellogg
Sangmyung University

New in *Early Years*, co-authored with Fang Li:

When three fives are thirty-five: Vygotsky in a Hallidayan idiom … and
maths in the grandmother tongue

Some free e-prints available at:

https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/7I8zYW3qkEqNBA66XAwS/full