[Xmca-l] Re: help with Russian

Alfredo Jornet Gil a.j.gil@iped.uio.no
Thu Apr 26 23:32:43 PDT 2018

That was really interesting Andy, thanks for sharing your findings!
Alfredo

From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Andy Blunden <andyb@marxists.org>
Sent: 27 April 2018 06:25
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: help with Russian

David Kellogg sent me a PDF, so I'm OK.

I wanted to see if Leontyev used the same words for action,
deed, activity, goal and motive which Hegel uses.
The answer is he doesn't at all. Certain elements of his
theory pick up Hegel's idea and even clarified them a bit
where many Hegel scholars are not clear or miss the point
altogether. In other respects his theory is inferior to
Hegel's as well, I might say.

So I think I can discount the possibility that ANL modelled
his Activity Theory in any way on Hegel's theory of action.

A side issue: the words Hegel uses for action (Handlung),
activity (Tatigkeit) and deed (Tat) are the opposite of how
these words are used in modern German, e.g. Marx. He uses
Tatigkeit for the general substance, not object oriented
activity.

Andy

Andy Blunden
ttp://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm