[Xmca-l] Re: Halliday Memorial

Kim Anh Dang dangthikimanh@gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 06:51:18 PDT 2018

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for writing the meaningful and heartfelt note on our behalf just on time as Michael Halliday's funeral was held this morning.

With my Master's thesis on Systemic Functional Linguistics and PhD on Sociocultural Theory, I really appreciate your note and cannot agree with you more about what you have written. I have been in contact with Prof Frances Christie, a close friend of Michael Halliday and Ruqaiya Hasan,  who also wrote "Michael Halliday was a much loved man as well as being a brilliant scholar. We shall all miss him."

Thanks very much again and I look forward to hearing more about your project on Halliday and Vygotsky.

Best wishes,

Kim

Sent from my iPhone