[Xmca-l] Master Class with Michael Cole: The Story of LCHC -- May 12

Beth Ferholt bferholt@gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:04:31 PDT 2018

We invite you to participate in a Master Class with Michael Cole on Culture,
Development, and the Social Creation of Social Inequality: A Polyphonic
Autobiography, and, more broadly, the history and legacy of LCHC.

Two members at the lab and different times —Lois Holzman from the
Rockefeller University days in the 1970s and Beth Ferholt most recently in
the 2000s -- will join Mike in the class. We three are wanting to learn how
people are responding to the document: What resonates, what’s confusing,
what’s relevant to the current day and to the work that we all do, etc.

The 90-minute conversation will take place

Saturday, May 12, 11:00 – 12:30 PM EDT.

It will be uploaded to the MCA website and kept there for future use.

If you are interested in registering for this class, please send an email
to lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org and we will send you further information
including the instructions for entering the Zoom conversation.

Do note that the document can take a while to get through, so leave
yourself enough time to read through it all before the class.

The link to the document is as follows:

http://lchcautobio.ucsd.edu/polyphonic-autobiography/

Also, please do pass on this invite to students and colleagues who might
like to join.

Thank you!

--
Beth Ferholt