[Xmca-l] Re: Hegel's Headstand

David Kellogg dkellogg60@gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 23:14:29 PDT 2017

Andy:

Thanks for that. In return--this is Gramsci, complaining again that
Engels is a radical realist in philosophy..

"The scientific 'experience' (i.e. experiment--DK) is the first cell
of the new method of work, of the new form of active union between man
and nature: the scientist-experimenter is a 'worker', an industrial
and agricultural producer--he is not pure mind--he is also, or rather
he is the first instance of, a man whom the historical process has
freed from the position of walking on his head in order to let him
walk on his feet."

Gramsci, Q. (1975) Prison Notebooks, Vol. II New York: Columbia
University Press, p. 197.

David Kellogg