[Xmca-l] FW: submitting a proposal to the Journal of Language and Literacy’s 2018 Winter Conference

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Wed Sep 20 06:33:13 PDT 2017

Hello Colleagues
Please consider submitting a proposal to the Journal of Language and Literacy’s
2018 Winter Conference.  The theme of this year’s conference and subsequent
spring issue is Reframing Pedagogical Practice and Language and
Literacy Research: Teaching to the Future. For this conference, we invite
national and international scholars with ranging research interests in language
and literacy education to join us for a participatory conversation on various topics
within our field. Specifically, we invite teachers and researchers to examine what
works well in our classrooms, the changing needs to 21st Century Students, and
what literacy classrooms will look like in the future.
A hallmark of the JoLLE Conference is the interactive and engaging
presentations for both attendees and presenters, and because JoLLE understands
literacy in broad terms and welcomes a range of research projects, approaches,
and methods, we pride ourselves on being a conference that not only caters to
researchers, but also to educators in K-12 and higher education.

Additionally, JoLLE, a peer-reviewed journal, welcomes manuscript submissions
for its Spring 2018 issue based on the conference theme, and invites those who
present at the conference to consider submitting papers for publication
consideration.  The deadline for manuscript submissions based on the conference
theme is February 28, 2018.
The deadline for conference proposal submissions is October 25, 2017
at 11:59pm EST.
 Proposals can be submitted to EasyChair at
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=jolle2018
 More information is available at
http://jolle.coe.uga.edu/conference/.
Please feel free to share this information widely with others. If there are
any questions about the conference, proposal submission, or registration, please
contact the conference chairs, Stephanie Toliver and Hunter Strickland, at
JoLLE.Conference@Gmail.com<mailto:JoLLE.Conference@Gmail.com>.

Peter Smagorinsky<http://www.petersmagorinsky.net/smagorinsky.htm>
Distinguished Research Professor<http://www.ovpr.uga.edu/docs/policies/iga/DRP-Guidelines.pdf> of<http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/of> English Education<http://www.coe.uga.edu/lle/english/secondary/index.html>
Department of Language and Literacy Education<http://www.coe.uga.edu/lle/english/secondary/index.html>
The University of Georgia<http://www.uga.edu/>
315 Aderhold Hall<http://www.coe.uga.edu/about/directions.html>
Athens<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athens,_Georgia>,<http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/607/02/> GA<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(U.S._state)> 30602<http://www.city-data.com/zips/30602.html>

Advisor, Journal of Language and Literacy Education<http://jolle.coe.uga.edu/>
Follow JoLLE on twitter @Jolle_uga
[cid:image001.jpg@01CEA4AC.71367E90]

Personal twitter account: @psmagorinsky