[Xmca-l] Re: Отв: Re: Отв: Re: Object oriented activity and communication

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Thu Oct 19 19:27:01 PDT 2017

I guess you are pressing, Martin, for a discussion of the
very interesting topic of the interrelation between at least
4 different development processes here: (1) The relation
between the order of an individual writer's cognition of a
topic and the order in which they present their results to
the reader (which Marx addressed in the 1873 Afterword); (2)
The relation between the historical development of a science
leading up to the formulation of a new key principle and the
reconstruction of the science on the basis of this new
principle whether by one or many writers (which Marx
discusses in the 1857 passage, and which Thomas Kuhn talked
about); (3) The relation between the individual's cognition
of the subject matter and the science itself at the given
stage of its development - which I think Marx took for
granted, but Vygotsky certainly talked about; (4) the
relation between the Logical unfolding of the concepts of
the science and their historical evolution (something which
Marx talks about a couple of pages later on in that 1857
passage). There has been controversy about this amongst
Hegel scholars, but the outcome has been that Hegel does
*not* claim that history recapitulates Logic, though it does
from time to time. - it depends.

I reviewed a book, "Marx's Capital and Hegel's Logic," in
which 12 different writers all presented their view of the
these relations. Every one had a different reading of (2)
above, let alone the other relations. Interesting topic.

Andy

http://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/pdfs/Capital+Logic_Review.pdf

Andy Blunden
http://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm