[Xmca-l] Re: Publishers seek removal of millions of papers from ResearchGate

PERRET-CLERMONT Anne-Nelly Anne-Nelly.Perret-Clermont@unine.ch
Mon Oct 9 00:50:55 PDT 2017

Mike
has someone written the history of LCHC and xmca and of its pioneering
technical/socio-cultural "educational" innovations?
Xmcy was the first electronic list I ever signed up to.

Anne-Nelly
-----Message d'origine-----
De : <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of mike cole
<mcole@ucsd.edu>
Répondre à : "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Date : dimanche, 8 octobre 2017 22:35
À : "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Objet : [Xmca-l] Re: Publishers seek removal of millions of papers
from	ResearchGate

Alfredo, Anne Nelly et al ---

The difficulties to accessing academic research at play in this discussion
motivates my long time treatment of xlchc/xmca as an *educational *
facility.
If you check out the cluster map of xmca that tells you where people are
connecting from, it gives you are pretty good idea of who has interest and
access. ( https://clustrmaps.com/site/17i )

A LOT of those visitors do not have access to the articles, never mind the
books, that we seek to discuss here in order to educate ourselves and our
students in fundamental questions about human development in its cultural,
historical, social contexts. If we do not post such materials, we are
sealed off from each other as in the past.

Lets hope that going forward, MCA and this discussion group can hold itself
together as an educational community sufficiently to ward off the digital
overseers.

Its not clear how to get to open access, but this has been lchc's way of
trying.

mike