[Xmca-l] Re: Development of adults

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Thu Nov 16 05:29:17 PST 2017

Ulvi, this is a difficult question, once a person has
reached adulthood, there is no "developmental pathway" other
than progression through the various roles provided by the
culture in which they live, only a few of which have a
"developmental" connotation. We don't have "Elders" nowadays.

Books on "moral development" may be of some use. Leontyev's
"Activity, Consciousness and Personality" has some value as
well as some limitations. Of course, I will recommend
Vasilyuk's book. Other than that you have to read about
development in specific lines - political, professional, or
whatever, and read as many biographies and autobiographies
as you can.

:) Maybe I'm missing something. But I don't think there's a
simple answer here.

Andy

Andy Blunden
http://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm