[Xmca-l] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] Lecturer/Assistant Professor Position in Developmental Psychology

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 14 08:10:59 PST 2017

Another job.
Mike

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Emma L Blakey <emma.blakey@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 2:01 AM
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] Lecturer/Assistant Professor Position in Developmental
Psychology
To: <dev-europe@lboro.ac.uk>, <cogdevsoc@lists.cogdevsoc.org>

Dear colleagues,

The Department of Psychology at the University of Sheffield is seeking to
appoint a lecturer in Developmental Psychology to join the Sheffield
Cognitive Development group. The appointment will be at Lecturer level
(which is equivalent to an Assistant Professor tenure track position in the
US system).

Candidates should have a good honours degree and a PhD in a relevant
subject area, a track record of high-quality publications in peer-reviewed
journals and experience of supervising and teaching undergraduate students.
The successful candidate will show a strong potential to research, teach,
supervise, tutor and participate in appropriate departmental administrative
roles, while adding to the breadth and depth of research and teaching
skills within the team.

The Sheffield Cognitive Development group has interests in executive
functions, SES, language development and developmental disorders, however
applications from other areas are also encouraged. Our lab is well set up
for developmental testing as we have excellent links with local schools and
a lab database for families who have volunteered to take part in our
studies.

You can read more about the position and apply here
<https://jobs.shef.ac.uk/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9NUEwNEUxN0UzM0UwNkI4OEUxMDAwMDAwQUMxRTg4NzgmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-client=400&sap-language=EN&sap-accessibility=X&sap-ep-themeroot=%2fSAP%2fPUBLIC%2fBC%2fUR%2fuos#>
.

If you would like to informally discuss this role, please contact myself
<https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/psychology/staff/academic/emma-blakey>, Dan
Carroll <https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/psychology/staff/academic/dan-carroll> or
Danielle Matthews
<https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/psychology/staff/academic/danielle-matthews>.
You can also contact our head of department Glenn Waller
<https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/psychology/staff/academic/glenn_waller>or our
equality and diversity lead Aarti Iyer
<https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/psychology/staff/academic/aarti_iyer>.

Best wishes,

Emma

---
Emma Blakey
Lecturer in Developmental Psychology
Department of Psychology | The University of Sheffield
Cathedral Court | Sheffield | S1 1HD
*Website:* http://www.shef.ac.uk/psychology/staff/academic/emma-blakey
*T**witter: *@EmBlakey