[Xmca-l] Perezhivanie and language

Ulvi İçil ulvi.icil@gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 14:11:16 PST 2017

Vygotsky described the central role played by language in an individual
becoming aware
of, and making meaning from, "lived experience." He, therefore, used the
concept of
word meaning as the foundation for his investigation of perezhivanie.(Mahn
& John-Steiner, THE GIFT OF CONFIDENCE: A VYGOTSKIAN VIEW OF EMOTIONS)

I have met several theses, having perezhivanie in their abstract, most of
them related with second language learning, not by coincidence I think. One
of these is about MAKING MEANING OF CHINESE INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENTS’
EXPERIENCES IN THE JOURNEY OF LEARNING ENGLISH IN THE UNITED STATES

And together with the above, I think once more that to study perezhivanie
can be fruitful especially with "best language workers", best writers, best
poets especially focusing on great turning points like war, revolution, as
that of Glaeser's *Jahrgang 1902.*