[Xmca-l] Re: The Stuff of Words

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Mon May 8 20:22:57 PDT 2017

Andy,

My privileging of Hegel's Phenomenology is not because I think it is the
only worthwhile book that he has written. Rather, it is the only book of
his that I have had time to deal with in any substantial fashion. To try to
make sense of a single book of his is an incredibly time-consuming task and
I'm afraid am not a good enough scholar (quick enough reader, etc.) to be
able to take on another one. I was simply trolling for some insight into
Hegel's treatment of Here, This, Now, and how it fits into his larger work
(the Logic as well). But I guess that will have to wait for another
lifetime (or at least until retirement).

Cheers,
greg