[Xmca-l] Re: The Stuff of Words

‪Haydi Zulfei‬ ‪ haydizulfei@rocketmail.com
Wed May 3 02:58:03 PDT 2017

Up to this point of time , an old antique memory remembered unprecedented insistence on words being 'material' and within our present discussion we have the authority who is dear and respectable to all of us documenting the materiality of word through its laying on or fusion into many types of solid hard mass referred to succinctly by David from the soft stuff of the ear up to the walls of Palmira , our Passargad , the Taj Mahal (Roy Harris) and all the monumental inscriptions through the great globe , yet we see here crystal clear that "... The point is to understand how tables are signs and words are material
objects." After all dementia (mine) works its way!
I think I as a dwarf of the giants can find many many tables which are signs now before I write a will to my heirs to be on the alert for the time when such conversions appear. Right at the white house , all castles , all museums , all monuments , all historical places , maybe all large libraries , etc. there are tables which have been being kept or are now being kept neat and safe and healthy and partially on display for the public to visit and refresh their soul watching these memorable precious invaluable ideal/signs. But with the words so far considered 'material' even recently in its mere concrete form I'm in swerving state. Can I give examples of its being 'material'? or material object? Or can I risk and find my way of announcing in its entirety and totality it's one 'ideal'.

[[“Marxist psychology” ... [is] the only genuine psychology as a science. A psychology other
than this cannot exist. And the other way around: everything that was and is genuinely
scientifc belongs to Marxist psychology. This concept is broader than the concept of [scientifc]
school or even current. It coincides with the concept scientific per se, no matter where and by
whom it may have been developed.
(Vygotsky, Crisis)
“Vygotsky set a great example of how to master the historical
method; he showed us how to apply Marx and Lenin’s methodology to concrete
studies in one of the most formidable fields of knowledge [psychology]” (cited in
Levitin, 1982, p. 173). He also describes Vygotsky as the “leading Marxist
theoretician among us” (Luria, 1979, Chapter 3). He says that
My entire generation was infused with the energy of revolutionary change—
the liberating energy people feel when they are part of a society that is able
to make tremendous progress in a very short time. … The limits of our
restricted, private world were broken down by the Revolution, and new
vistas opened before us. We were swept up in a great historical movement.
Our private interests were consumed by the wider social goals of a new,
collective society.

This atmosphere immediately following the Revolution provided the
energy for many ambitious ventures. An entire society was liberated to turn
its creative powers to constructing a new kind of life for everyone.
(Ibid., Chapter 1)
Marxist philosophy, one of the world’s more complex systems of thought,
was assimilated slowly by Soviet scholars, myself included. Properly speaking,
I never really mastered Marxism to the degree I would have liked. I still
consider this to have been a major shortcoming in my education.
(Ibid., Chapter 2)]]
I think Luria died in 1977? Ilyenko in 1979? Did they get into 'unconvinced' marxist scholars? Davydov said he was a convinced marxist. The Piaterka? worked as convinced marxists. Felix Mikhailov , etc.etc.

Alfredo back many posts exclaimed : Wow! for the coming out of a book (containing the above quotes as a small part) in relation to to what extent Vygotsky was a true Marxist. The introduction says all contributors to the volume belong to a STRONG take on the approach to Vygotsky as a convinced marxist.
In relation to the quote from Marx , did he really believed philosophers should have given language an independent existence as they had previously given thought an independent existence? And this is used as evidence for the priority and precedence of word? What happened to the dialectics? Antique? Could we make a concession as to turn once again Hegel to his right place and reproach ourselves for accusing him as to have laid things upside down? live under protection of HIS SPIRIT ABSOLUTE?

Teacher : the hands of the clock is ideal.Student : But Sir! Wouldn't you think the whole clock is ideal?
The fluttering aimless ideal this time erred , sat on just two sharp harming material stuff!
The student is now confused!
Highest regards to all!
Haydi