[Xmca-l] Re: The Stuff of Words

lpscholar2@gmail.com lpscholar2@gmail.com
Tue May 2 16:04:04 PDT 2017

Haydi,
I am approaching this topic as exploratory in the spirit of the ‘array’ of options  you have outlined in your summary.
My focusing and questioning   the term (intentional) questions this terms centrality by pivoting to explore the phrase (is TAKEN to be) - intentional which signals a shift in accent. More focused on what is occurring relationally (relationality being the quality OF this taking to be relation) implying that what is posited as occurring intentionally through his agency or  her agency  may alternatively be considered as occurring within a mutual single relation focusing upon  being TAKEN as intentional. (back and forth moving across …
This shifts the focus to the way that our movements are (taken) and suggests the relational aspect as more central than the intentional aspect.

In what (personal sense) am I drawn to this alternative. I suppose it speaks to where I locate (what matters?) I have mentioned the Japanese motion of ‘ma’ (interval) and I was surprised that Wolff-Michael had explored this Japanese sense ability. If we imagine A/B as two ‘sides’ that become ‘joined’ then A and B are prioritized.
The alternative may be to consider A/B within a SINGLE relation that embodies movement occurring through this gap or interval.
I hear Wolff-Michael engaging with this theme.

I emphasize this is exploratory and radically ‘open’ to revision.

How I move within my personal relations I imagine hanging in the balance. More a focused sense  of disposition than intentional positionality.

I am hesitant in my answer, but move through and  within this  spirit of inquiry. My take on this matter.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: ‪Haydi Zulfei‬ ‪
Sent: May 2, 2017 12:21 PM
To: lpscholar2@gmail.com; Andy Blunden; xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: [Xmca-l] Re: The Stuff of Words

Larry,
I wonder If I understand you well.
We are all revolving around the pivot of quality. No one of us said : 4 to 2 is as 8 to 4 to implicate incremental quantity.

With the 'quality of the intentional' I could not find the other leg of the dichotomy : the quantity of the intentional.
I have to take it as being conscious towards what you're going to do , what need in the hierarchy of needs has taken you to this point of taking over the responsibility and in what 'personal sense' have you risked being accountable to social commitments.

Goal , as it is the actual practical moment of realizing activities (maybe not fully known or altogether unknown to the doer or performer) should necessarily be known to the actor. I fancy myself belonging to a group who scandalize 'The practical essence of Man'! To live is to act!

People here suggested that they understand better if examples are given.

Yes :I had
your relation of 'carry across...' as one relation two moments.
Michael and Alfredo's construal of 'field of speech' in place of a third as mediation.
the primordial relation of  (general mediation,tool,activity,sign,stimulus means,general artifacts,etc.)
Julian's relation of considering sign/word within the wider context of ideological tenets as related to the wider sphere of economic activities (use and exchange value)
Wolf-Michael’s relation of concretizing materializing word’s use and exchange value as completely and confidently reframed into Marx’s framework of analyzing ‘Capital’ in detailed explication.
Roy Harriss and Herbert Clark’s relation of co-ordination and integration the former dealing with the strong version of fixed-language code as being defective and inefficient in comparison to a live talk and novel speech fusing linguistic and non-linguistic factors within an spontaneously-created context of activity-based communication. The latter leaning towards a weaker version of non-compatibility of language-s with a communication proper.

I talked about my option and I’m ready to be led to the right track.
And I think I began with both goal-oriented persons and where such persons should take over their responsibility and to what cause they should devote their sleves.
This is what is in my capacity!

Andy,
I had a review overall. Word by word proverbial cognate was impossible to find. I might have been mistaken in putting it in quoted form . As to its commensurability to the soul of what Ilyenko taught us , though you're a giant here yourselves , yet I wrote to two well-known Ilyenkovians. I’ll contact you for this. Thanks!

Very best wishes
Haydi