[Xmca-l] Re: Fw: Fw:

James Ma jamesma320@gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 07:46:41 PDT 2017

Thanks Andy. Interestingly, the word "history (or historical)" is far too
"true" and familiar to me and many Chinese (though not all congenial due to
the Cultural Revolution). It was a truly cut-through "semiosis" from
school to university education during which everybody was ingrained with
Marx's historical-dialectical materialism. In contrast, I spent 9 years
studying full-time in England, during which I heard almost nothing about
Marxism!

In recent months I've started reading Heidegger (Being and Time) and found
his "history as occurrence of Dasein" very special. It would add another
angle for the manuscript I'm working on (situating Vygotsky in dialogue
with Peirce). I feel Heidergger's "historicity" supplements Peirce's
interpretant as
"sign in the mind" (e.g."all thinking is dialogic in form. Your self of one
instant appeals to your deeper self for his assent").

James

*James Ma*  *https://oxford.academia.edu/JamesMa