[Xmca-l] Re: Research on School Space

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 26 20:49:51 PDT 2017

Great to see this literature being brought together in this way. Thanks to
Beata and the *Polish Team* for evoking such useful suggestions.

Although it is dated, a paper written with Margie Gallego and LCHC may be
relevant to this discussion. In particular it contains maps of classic
American classroom and school layouts that reflect practices that a chat
perspective is (still) seeking to change. The file I have of the paper is
too large for xmca to swallow, but it can be found on Academia. Or contact
me directly and I can send to copious servers. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gallego, M. A., Cole, M., & LCHC. (2001). Classroom culture and culture in
the classroom. In V. Richardson (Ed.), The Fourth Edition of the Handbook
of Research on Teaching, Wash., DC: American Educational Research
Association. (pp. 951- ­997).

mike