[Xmca-l] Re: Monozukuri -- another look at a key Japanese principle

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Fri Jul 14 17:31:09 PDT 2017

Larry-- Thanks for sending the paper about Monozukuri. Points of
overlap and non-overlap where Japanes and American social scientists
seek to understand each other are always fascinating fountains of
interesting thoughts.

In this case, it struck me as especially interesting that Monozukuri is an
historically recent word, a neologism represented by a cluster of Japanese
kana that is similar to, but not co-extensive with, making.

Making is a topic of broad interest on MCA I believe. So a rich source
of insight about the concepts and its domains of practice.

mike

Monozukuri -- another look at a key Japanese principle

http://www.japanintercultural.com/en/news/default.aspx?newsid=88<