[Xmca-l] Re: Beyond Postmodernism: New Dimensions in Clinical Theoryand Practice - Google Books

Lplarry lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 07:42:35 PDT 2017

 Alfredo, thanks for the excerpt. I am curious how Heidegger’s differentiating the “ontic” (capsule-like representations) as a mode  & this ontic mode’s relation to the ontological ground that for Heidegger is primary.
Other theorists posit the notice  as primordial.
For example Charles Horton Cooley in 1902 wrote”
‘ Persons and society must be studied primarily by imagination. It is true, prima facie, that the best way of observing things is that which is most direct; and I do not see how we can hold that we know persons directly except as imaginative ideas in the mind.”

>From my reading of the Zolliken Seminars Heidegger’s I get a  sense of the “ontic” as (capsule-like representations).
I  am assuming that Heidegger would understand Cooley as expressing secondary ontic imaginal “facts” in the “representational” mind.
Heidegger, in the Zolliken seminars would challenge Cooley as staying stuck in ontic derivative relations and not being “open” to primordial ontological being-with (mitsein).

Is this a reasonable assumption ?

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: Alfredo Jornet Gil
Sent: July 7, 2017 8:30 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Beyond Postmodernism: New Dimensions in Clinical Theoryand Practice - Google Books

I send attached an extract from the original text from the Zillion seminars where the 'capsule-like representations' mention is made. The sentence is this:

"In the perspective of the Analytic of Da-sein, all conventional, objectifying representations of a capsule-like psyche, subject, person, ego, or consciousness in psychology and psychopathology must be abandoned in favor of an entirely different understanding"

Alfredo