[Xmca-l] Re: Trump's speech and Perezhivanie

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:02:02 PST 2017

I can’t remember who sourced The Twilight Zone on the chat lately, but it reminded me of the episode of Twilight Zone: The Movie wherein a household is hostage to a weird boy who is able to punish through his fantasies any pushback to his bullying. Does anyone remember that episode? And do they agree there is a frightening resonance? But there is a difference: In the episode, as I recall, no member of the household (except the boy) is a willing hostage. In our real world, the right, individually and collectively, is willingly submitting itself to the bullying. Enabling. How do we talk to them?
Henry