[Xmca-l] Re: The Learning Sciences in the era of U.S. Nationalism

Helena Worthen helenaworthen@gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 10:39:39 PST 2017

I read the paragraph Mike cites as part of the statement of the problem, not part of the plan to move forward. I read: “We are a grossly unequal society both in terms of economics and justice; therefore we need to learn about our various unequal selves.”  I want the “therefore we need to learn about” part to center around economics and justice because those are things you can do something about.

I will check the article again and see if I misunderstood how it fits in.

Note that Bernie’s campaign focused on economics (way more than Trump). But his campaign fell behind on the issues of racism. As the months passed he reached more and more of the African American community, but never got far enough.

That’s how hard it is. These are bound together — economics, justice, our profoundly racist society. It’s not just a problem in our discussion. We’re reflecting what’s actually out there.

Helena

Helena Worthen
helenaworthen@gmail.com
Berkeley, CA 94707
Blog about US and Viet Nam: helenaworthen.wordpress.com