[Xmca-l] Re: The Learning Sciences in the era of U.S. Nationalism

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sun Jan 22 10:35:27 PST 2017

There is a new Department of Justice, Peg.
Why would we allow in Canadian protesters?
Foreign interference, clearly.  :-(

A MAJOR set of concerns for figuring how what we, in our work lives, should
be doing to address the social crisis created by the return of u.s. and
global nationalism is that the rules by which people have been operating do
not apply.

There is a fox in every hen house. It makes cozy nesting unusually
difficult.

Seems like one of those times when we need some exaptation other than one
produced by a thermonuclear food fight.

So where do the learning sciences, LS, fit?

(For those who have lost the thread and want to know the article that
started it, see

<http://cognitionandinstruction.com/engagements-the-learning-sciences-in-a-new-era-of-u-s-nationalism/>