[Xmca-l] Re: Trump's speech and Perezhivanie

Peg Griffin Peg.Griffin@att.net
Sat Jan 21 18:10:01 PST 2017

A great home-made sign from today's DC WMW, held by a woman in her
mid-twenties: "If I register my uterus as a corporation, will you pass a law
to protect it from regulation?"
And the woman was accompanied by a friend who had a one word sign, actually
quoting from many a twit trump tweet: "Sad."

The double-take of readers was as lovely to behold as was the sign itself!

Peg Griffin

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu
[mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Susan Davis
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2017 7:54 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Trump's speech and Perezhivanie

Greetings all,

I agree it would be a timely and powerful collaboration to explore the
significance of the times and the meaning for different people at this
particular moment in history.  While looking at Trump¹s speech provides a
common anchor point for discussion, I think it would also be worth looking
at the different ways individuals, groups (including huge groups of
people) are experiencing, living through and making meaning of the what is
going on.  This is being expressed in many creative ways and Œart forms¹,
including the marshalling of millions of people in protest marches across
the globe and the various forms of human expression (including actual
¹signs¹
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/01/21/best-prot
est-signs-womens-march-washington/96877890/).  It seems there are some
powerful collaborative versions of perezhivanie going on as well as deeply
individual and perhaps it is worth documenting, analysing and exploring
these as well.

Kind regards and all power to those who are standing together to speak out
for equity and justice across the world this weekend!

Sue

 <https://www.cqu.edu.au/>
Dr Susan Davis
Senior Lecturer | School of Education & the Arts | Higher Education Division
CQUniversity Australia, Noosa Campus | PO Box 1128, Qld 4566 P +61 (0)7 5440
7007 | X 47007 | M +61 418 763 428
E: s.davis@cqu.edu.au
L https://www.linkedin.com/in/suedavisnoosa
RG | https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Susan_Davis7