[Xmca-l] Re: Fate of a Man

Carol Macdonald carolmacdon@gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 05:04:27 PST 2017

Fellow XMCa-ers

I have watched it through now, thank you Andy, but right now only empirical
psychological categories come to mind.  I will watch it again and in the
meanwhile let my fellows with more recent experience of /perezhivanie/ take
the discussion further.

It is a kind of timeless story, and modern film techniques would perhaps be
more explicit. At the least I would say it has for me a Russian
understanding of suffering, perhaps because of their unique experience of
it. But having said that, WWII must have generated other similar
experiences, apart from the first part about Andrei's family dying in the
famine.

Carol

--
Carol A Macdonald Ph.D (Edin)