[Xmca-l] Re: Happy New Year and Perezhivanie!

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Sat Jan 7 04:23:22 PST 2017

Andy and others, I tried to work out the mediated/mediating question in the area of reading....see if this helps.
Smagorinsky, P., & O'Donnell-Allen, C. (1998). Reading as mediated and mediating action: Composing meaning for literature through multimedia interpretive texts. Reading Research Quarterly, 33, 198-226. Available at http://www.petersmagorinsky.net/About/PDF/RRQ/RRQ1998.pdf

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Andy Blunden
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 7:12 PM
To: xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Happy New Year and Perezhivanie!

I have never understood this supposed distinction, Alfredo, between "mediated activity" and "mediating activity" given that all activity is mediated and all activity mediates.
Also, could you spell out what you mean by the "tension"
between perezhivanie as meaning and perezhivanie as struggle.

Andy

Andy Blunden
http://home.mira.net/~andy