[Xmca-l] Re: New Year's Perezhivanie

Marc Clarà marc.clara@gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:36:31 PST 2017

Hi, all,
Just to complement Mike's last comment (and also in relation with the issue
of cultural mediation), let me cite a fragment of Vasilyuk's "The
Psychology of Experiencing" (1984, p.175):

"But merely to state that experiencing processes have a historical basis is
hardly the end of the matter. A psychological, properly speaking, approach
to the problem would be to apply to the analysis of experiencing the
general schema for all socio-historical determination of human psychology
which L.S. Vygotsky and his pupils have already tried to produce, using a
variety of psychological materials (139; 142: 158; 246; 250 etc.); that is,
to understand experiencing as a process mediated by "psychological tools"
(246) which are artificial formations, social in nature (ibid.), taken up
and internalised by the subject in the course of communication with other
people."

Best regards,
Marc.