[Xmca-l] Re: New Year's Perezhivanie

lpscholar2@gmail.com lpscholar2@gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:27:54 PST 2017

Rob, and Christopher, and Alfreda, and Marc,
This is an interesting reference to Nozick and achieving an experience without struggle. I want to refocus us on how this insight is an extension to Christopher’s posting. In particular the opening paragraph. The image of smashing to bits the bricks is wrapped up in the end moment of trans/hivanie.
SO the focus on what occurs before this end point central to Christopher’s question :
‘but is this how trans/hivanie works?’
AND Christopher answers by focusing on the :
‘extended back and forth, the REPEATED back and forth, the (living-through) that seems to be exemplary of trans/hivanie.

Marc says it is ‘this’ phenomena that brought him to trans/hivanie and not the other way around.
What is occurring within the ‘repetition’ being lived through.
As an aside Nozick turned to eastern philosophy from the  Indian subcontinent for deeper inspiration. I could add more if interest warrants (possibly another thread).

ALSO, i recommend going to page 27 of Bella’s article (that Peter posted) to get a sense of Vygotsky’s extended repeated (living through) of the Jewish question that he was writing extensively about in 1916. On that page Bella refers to two articles Vygotsky wrote on this theme. One was in a (literary) mode while the other was written in a (psychological) mode. Trans/hivanie at work implicitly as formative of the later Vygotsky.
This topic, as Bella images as spaghetti tangles. In Vygotsky’s own words from 1916 on the incomprehensible riddle-like companion of Jewish history as :

‘riddle-like, inexplicability, the MYSTERY of Isreal ....   eternal fellow traveler of the eternal people, the SECRET of the eternity of the Jewish people’

To further this strand we should possibly keep distinct from this month’s article. However the theme of ‘repetition’ that had the mood of profound struggle or at a deeper level a mood of no movement and closed off, is the process occuring which maybat some point in time erupt as smashing 2016 to bits and bricks scattering as an act of ‘deconstruction’ that i believe can loose the reality of what came before, starting with Bella’s zero stage that is  (existential). A time when the person traversing the zero stage should be ‘recognized’ through moral/ethical care and concern. Not a journey of (mineness) through Heidegger which is a protesting protestant approach, but through mitsein as living-through.
I hope my referencing multiple speakers but trying to stay within strands is clear?
Perezhivanie as trans/hivanie as Marc says is approached through multiple pluaristic traditions that are psychological, literary, and philosophical and extend through historical consciousness as the living-through repetitive back and forth traversal that INCLUDES as central the PAUSE or MA or INTERVAL or GAP.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone