[Xmca-l] Re: Gunilla's 1996 paper

Christopher Schuck schuckcschuck@gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 11:29:26 PST 2017

I am wondering also if another way to phrase an alternative understanding
to that of Leontiev's is the image of moving toward, moving in a certain
direction*,* as opposed to directly modeling or emulating. That is, that
the child is experimenting with being *more *of an adult (a "head taller"),
without necessarily trying to *be *an adult or any particular adult. This
would suggest a more open-ended process of imagination, in which the
possibilities for the kind of adulthood and kind of world the child will
inhabit remain fully underdetermined.

Does anyone else see this as a possible implication of Lindqvist's reading?

Chris