[Xmca-l] Re: A Philosopher of Otherness Dies When He’s Needed Most - The Chronicle of Higher Education

Alfredo Jornet Gil a.j.gil@iped.uio.no
Mon Feb 13 14:53:02 PST 2017

Thanks for sharing, Larry. I had not been familiar to Todorov's work until media echoed his recent passing away. The article you share is pertinent to xmca threads in that the philosophical questions are brought to bear with regard to ways of coping with the socio-political and moral aspects of the present.
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of lpscholar2@gmail.com <lpscholar2@gmail.com>
Sent: 13 February 2017 16:50
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l]  A Philosopher of Otherness Dies When He’s Needed Most - The Chronicle of Higher Education

A Philosopher of Otherness Dies When He’s Needed Most
Difference can inspire wonder or fear. Tzvetan Todorov thrilled to the former, but this is the age of the latter.

I thought this may be of interest, Larry

http://www.chronicle.com/article/A-Philosopher-of-Otherness-/239178?cid=cr&utm_source=cr&utm_medium=en&elqTrackId=6b00a38ac6154b17ac065fa8053fd8dd&elq=9a699bef4a694554b98249770ab2695e&elqaid=12559&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=5116
Sent from my Windows 10 phone