[Xmca-l] Fwd: [liberationtech] Mobile App for ICE Checkpoints?

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sat Feb 11 10:29:50 PST 2017

This string of messages about the current deportation surge seems
worthwhile people knowing about, if only to keep track of the rapidly
changing conditions in the social/political system in the US.

Various suggestions are made along the way that offer different solutions
to those under threat. i have no idea which are most easily appropriated.

mike

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yosem Companys <ycompanys@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [liberationtech] Mobile App for ICE Checkpoints?
To: Liberation Technologies <liberationtech@lists.stanford.edu>
Cc: Nithin Coca <privateemail2487@progressiveexchange.org>

From: Nithin Coca <privateemail2487@progressiveexchange.org>

This is one case where we should look abroad for examples, as these types
of situations are not abnormal globally.

I know that in Iran, there is a tool that is used for avoiding morality
police - something that should be easily adaptable to this case (and I
believe is open source)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gerd.app.gershad

https://www.iranhumanrights.org/2016/02/gershad-app/

From: Craig A. Bowman <privateemail253320@progressiveexchange.org