[Xmca-l] Re: Playworlds, Performance, Perezhivanie, Apophasis ... andTRUMP'S speech!

lpscholar2@gmail.com lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 12:20:42 PST 2017

Thanks Ed for this clarification.
Then there is also the relation between apophansis as positive declaration or statement AND apophasis as denial or negation.
Performance studies are heavily influenced by apophasis.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: Edward Wall
Sent: February 5, 2017 12:07 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Playworlds, Performance, Perezhivanie, Apophasis ... andTRUMP'S speech!

It is perhaps worth pointing out that there are two different words being used to supposedly point at the same thing (transliterated and taken from Liddell and Scott):

apophansis: a declaration or statement
apophasis:  a denial, negation

Hence, people may be misinterpreting each other.

One could read Trump’s speaking with an eye to Heidegger, but it would probablye done in term of aletheia. However, Tugendhat has shown that all this is a little more complicated that Heidegger indicated.

Ed Wall