[Xmca-l] Conference on educational theory and methods in Cambridge, August 28-29, 2018

Antti Rajala ajrajala@gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 05:55:52 PST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

(My first message did not seem to get through, so I try without a picture,
hopefully not sending twice)

The second call for proposals is just released for a conference *in the
University of Cambridge, UK, on August 28-29, 2018* that I believe is of
interest to readers of this list. The conference is organized by two
special interest groups (Educational Theory and Methods in Learning
Research) of *European Association of Research on Learning and Instruction
(EARLI).*

We invite you to consider submissions to what promises to be a stimulating
and interesting event at University of Cambridge UK (August 28-29), with
provoking *keynotes (Martyn Hammersley and Susan Robertson)* and varied
activities! Also, follow the developments on the conference Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/Theory-Methods-conference-2018-364835920607776/> and
on Twitter #theoryandmethods.

The theme of the conference is* ‘Dialogue between ontology and
epistemology: New perspectives on theory and methodology in research on
learning and education’*. This conference theme is intended to provoke
discussions about the relationship between the way in which we go about
researching learning and education (epistemology) and how we understand the
nature of learning and education (ontology). The theme also aims to inspire
submissions coming from different traditions of theorizing and from a broad
range of methodological approaches. The conference offers a space for
exploring and discussing theories and methodologies in research on learning
and education, and to promote friendly debate and reflective dialogue
across paradigms of research.

*Please, find information about the submission types, review criteria and
organization at www.theoryandmethods.com
<http://www.theoryandmethods.com/>.*

With best Christmas wishes, on the behalf of the organizers,

Antti Rajala