[Xmca-l] Re: Vera John-Steiner has passed away

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Thu Dec 7 16:09:46 PST 2017

Vera has been a special person in my life for more than
40 years. She was one of the first colleagues to seek to educate me in
Vygotsky's ideas and a constant source of inspiration in my teaching. I
fear I never met up to her standards as a pupil, but I am certain that not
only I, but many many others, benefited from her tireless efforts.

She remains a standard to try to live up to. And, lucky for us,
her legacy survives in the work of her colleagues, students, and the many
outstanding publications she has bequeathed us.

:..-((

mike

--
"The past isn't dead, it isn't even past."
- William Faulkner